School Admissions Policies
Glebe Montessori School welcomes all prospective students and their families. GMS is non-discriminatory in its programs and policies. Admission decisions are based on many factors, such as a comfortable fit within the Montessori environment, gender, age and balance of the existing multi-age classroom. GMS gives priority to siblings of currently enrolled students.
The Montessori curriculum is based on three-year learning cycles for each of the following levels (except for the Toddler and Montessori Mediated Learning Programs):
• Toddler Program ~ 18 to 36 months
• Preschool (Casa) ~ 3 to 6 years
• Junior Elementary (Grades 1 to 3) ~ 6 to 9 years
• Senior Elementary (Grades 3 to 6) ~ 9 to 12 years
• Montessori Mediated Learning Program
For an optimal learning experience, it is in the best interests of the child that a three-year commitment be made to the class at both the preschool and elementary levels.